TABLE OF CONTENTS:
Foreword, Introduction, Aims and Summary of Conclusions
1) Lorraine Gibson: Formaldehyde vapour collection: a laboratory study
2) Michele Raychaudhuri: Formaldehyde collection and detection
3) Frank Ligterink: Fundamental considerations of air monitoring
4) Simon Watts: Hydrogen sulphide levels in museums: what do they mean
5) Jean Tétreault: Standards for levels of pollutants in museums: part II
6) Cecily Grzywacz: A new blue on the bronze: sodium copper acetate carbonate
7) Bart Ankersmit: Recent investigations into the sulphidation of silver
8) Giovanna Di Pietro and Frank Ligterink: Gas diffusion related degradation patterns
9) Frank Ligterink : Application of the Hoetjer equation in climate control studies
10) Morten Ryhl-Svendsen : The pleasures and pains of emission chambers - the construction of an emission test chamber at the National Museum of Denmark
11) Karen Potje : A comparison of three test methods used to determine the effectiveness of epoxy and latex paints as vapour barriers
12) Cecily Grzywacz : The benefit of materials testing and indoor air quality
13) Kath Eremin : Materials testing for the Museum of Scotland: Did it prevent pollutants?
14) Monika Fjaestad : A review of indoor air pollution measurements and counter-measures in Swedish museums
15) Barry Finn and Mick Morris : New results on sorbents for acetic acid in museum air
16) Graham Noble : Barriers and sorbents for the prevention of sulphidation of silver
17) Jean Tétreault : Summary of Control Procedures to prevent damages caused by Contaminants
18) Cecily Grzywacz : Mitigation - does it work? Is it always an improvement?
List of Attendees
This document has been collated and prepared by the Netherlands Institute for Cultural Heritage. Enquiries and correspondence should be addressed to
The Netherlands Institute for Cultural Heritage, GabriŽl Metsustraat 8,
1071 EA Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
Responsibility for statements made in the abstracts and summary discussion statements printed herein rests solely with the contributors.
Copyright © 2000: Instituut Collectie Nederland, "IAQ in Museums and Archives Website", and the individual Authors
HTML by Morten Ryhl-Svendsen, May 2000